MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team in London. Working closely with our content team, you would be central to bringing the best content to our subscribers across Europe.
Our Licensing Manager will report to the Regional Licensing Head for Europe and be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining relationships with rights holders across Europe, ranging from local distributors, filmmakers and producers but also international sales agents to secure library deals and earlier window licensing opportunities
- Sourcing, negotiating, and drafting license deals for library titles and platform exclusives with a focus on our key European territories, including France, Germany, Benelux, Spain and Scandinavia.
- Participating in the overall licensing strategy and workflow while constantly improving methodology and tool efficiency, and maintaining an up to date market knowledge.
- Closely collaborating with other teams including programming, marketing, publicity, finance, encoding and legal throughout the licensing process.
Our ideal candidate
The Licensing Manager needs to be passionate about movies, with a good understanding of the arthouse and independent cinema market and the digital distribution landscape with at least 3 years of experience doing digital acquisitions or sales. Familiarity with local distributors is required and strong cinema knowledge - domestic and international, past and present - is desired. Fluency in French or German language is a plus. Excellent communication skills are essential in order to coordinate between our various international offices, our content and marketing teams, but also to match MUBI’s high-standard relationships with content providers.
You will also:
- Be able to multitask and juggle simultaneous projects of various scales and priorities
- Have impeccable attention to detail and strong diligence
- Have the company’s prime interests at heart while understanding our partners needs and strategies.
- Work under tight deadlines through multiple channels of communication
- Be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude
- Have the ability to work independently toward deadlines, reporting results on a regular basis
- Be organised and punctual
Salary: Dependent on experience.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.