MUBI is a rapidly growing global streaming service curating the world’s best cinema. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team to lead our regional acquisitions strategy for the US & Canada. Based in the US and working closely with our global licensing team, you would be central to bringing the best curation experience to our members across the region.
Our Regional Licensing Director will report to the Global Head of Licensing and be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining relationships with rights holders ranging from local distributors, filmmakers and producers but also international sales agents to secure library deals and earlier window acquisition opportunities
- Sourcing, negotiating, and drafting license deals for library titles and platform exclusives
- Leading and growing the regional licensing output whilst participating in the overall global content acquisitions effort
- Be a key contributor to workflow systems, constantly improving methodology and tool efficiency.
- Working closely with other teams, including programming, marketing, finance and legal, throughout the licensing process
- Maintaining up to date knowledge and research of the local market, trends, and competitive landscape.
Our ideal candidate
The Regional Licensing Director needs to be passionate about great cinema, with a good understanding of the arthouse and independent film market and the digital distribution landscape with at least 7 years of experience in the US & Canadian film industry. Familiarity with local distributors and extensive cinema knowledge - domestic and international, past and present - is required. Experience in analytics and audience-facing businesses are a plus. Excellent communication skills are essential in order to coordinate between our London headquarters and various international offices, our content and marketing teams, but also to match MUBI’s high-standard relationships with external partners.
You will also:
- Be comfortable working with data and research to inform the commercial process
- Be able to multitask and lead simultaneous projects of various scales and priority
- Have a high level of organisation with attention to detail and strong diligence
- Have the company’s prime interests at heart while understanding our partners’ needs and strategies.
- Work under tight deadlines through multiple channels of communication
- Be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude
Salary: Dependent on experience.