MUBI is seeking a Analytics Team Lead to join us full-time at our London office. In this position, you will manage and lead a team of analysts, data engineers and data scientists and work on a wide range of data challenges to support product and business decisions.
MUBI is a global streaming platform and distributor reaching a community of 8 million film lovers around the world. MUBI shows a curated selection of independent, international and classic films.
We are now streaming in over 190 countries. We’re a quick moving, and fast growing company – with over 150 people across offices in London, New York and Kuala Lumpur. This means that new, exciting opportunities arise often.
You'll lead a growing team of experienced data engineering, analytics and data science professionals working on high-impact, varied and meaningful projects. There are many opportunities within the team to learn, grow and reach your full potential in a supportive and friendly environment.
- Manage a team of talented data analysts, data scientists and data engineers, coaching them to reach their full potential and help them to provide maximum impact to the business
- Formalise and implement the team’s high-level goals and objectives and prioritise work streams effectively
- Be the point of contact for other teams across the organisation including Product, Engineering, Marketing and Content
- Lead the implementation of new tools, best practices and collection of data from new sources
- Take responsibility and ownership of the full data pipeline process, from data collection, all the way to the reporting of insights to stakeholders
WHAT DO I NEED?
- Strong experience with people management and managing cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to work well with multiple stakeholders across the business
- Experience working with product teams for an online platform
- Experience working with data-focussed team and an understanding of the full data pipeline - from data collection to subsequent analysis and reporting
- Strong experience with SQL is required
- Experience with databases, data pipelines and business intelligence/dashboarding software
- Experience with python and/or R is desirable, but not essential
- Solid understanding of KPIs and business metrics and how these can be used to inform product development
- Experience in A/B testing and significance testing and applying best practices to this domain
- Version control (e.g. git)
- Experience presenting to technical and non-technical audiences
- Concise and clear writing style
YOU WOULD ALSO BE:
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Someone who has strong attention to detail
- Highly organised
- A good communicator
- Able to collaborate with others to find the right solution to a problem
- Someone who thinks critically and strives to make processes better
WHY YOU’D LIKE WORKING HERE
A small team with big ambitions
MUBI works in the same world as Netflix and Amazon, but as a much smaller company with a unique business model we are free to explore new approaches and ideas to how we can provide the most engaging and useful experience to our customers. You’ll be joining a small, agile team with the opportunity to make a real impact on the direction of analytics at MUBI as a whole.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
If working on a wide range of interesting, impactful projects with a world class team excites you, then we want to hear from you!
Apply with a cover letter and your CV here.